Six Social Innovators drive stronger health systems, racial justice, climate action, civic engagement, and inclusive economic growth.
The Skoll Foundation is thrilled to announce the six recipients of the 2022 Skoll Award for Social Innovation highlighting organizations that advance transformational social change around the world.
“In the face of growing global challenges, these social innovators have never had a bigger role to play and have never needed more support,” said Don Gips, CEO of the Skoll Foundation. “Instead of scaling back, they have built bigger and bolder solutions to drive climate action, democracy and civic engagement, innovative healthcare models, and the shifting of capital to communities of color.”
· Common Future connects a network of community wealth-building institutions in the U.S. with reparative capital to build an economy that includes everyone.
· Financing Alliance for Health is a Kenya-based, African-led partnership and technical advisory fund that works with governments, donors, and the private sector to address systemic financing challenges to scaling community health programs across sub-Saharan Africa.
· MapBiomas combines local knowledge with global technology to improve the quality, speed, and applicability of land-use mapping and monitoring to fight deforestation and environmental degradation and protect biodiversity and water.
· NDN Collective builds Indigenous power by moving capital investment to and deepening political engagement within North American Native communities, accumulating the tools to achieve land sovereignty, and create transformative narratives of Indigenous leadership and innovation.
· Noora Health improves patient outcomes and strengthens health systems by equipping families and loved ones with life-saving caregiving skills.
· NOSSAS builds digital mobilization tools to amplify civic engagement and resource a network of activism in Brazil. NOSSAS engaged over 1.2 million Brazilians in 18 cities, and successfully advocated for 25 public policy changes in 2020, across more than 200 citizen-led campaigns.
In 1999, Jeff Skoll created the Foundation to build a sustainable world of peace and prosperity for all. The Skoll Foundation catalyzes transformational social change by investing in, connecting, and championing social entrepreneurs and other social innovators who together advance bold and equitable solutions to the world’s most pressing problems. For more information, please visit: http://skoll.org